Accountant / Human Resources
This position will support the President/CEO and Vesterheim staff by providing financial, operational, and human resources functions as assigned. The Accountant will be responsible for managing Vesterheim’s bookkeeping and financial reporting. This position manages the organization’s account payables and account receivables; works closely with outsourced payroll and financial statement preparer; supervises the Accounting Assistant; and works directly with the President/CEO on human resources processes and policy writing.
Reports to: President/CEO
Minimum requirements: Associate’s degree in accounting, Bachelor’s preferred. Two years of related experience.
Budget Preparation and Monitoring
– Works with the President/CEO and other staff to prepare and monitor the annual budget
– Assist other staff as needed with preparation of annual budget and/or project budgets
– Monitor revenue and expenses compared to budget during the year
– Prepares cash projections, and meets with the President/CEO as needed to discuss financial issues
– Assists management with the hiring process
– Answer questions from employees regarding HR issues
– Maintains Vesterheim employee records
– Keep up to date on HR regulations
Payroll and Employee Benefits
– Supervises the completion of biweekly payroll and W2’s
– Supervises the filing of monthly, quarterly and yearly government reports and disburses money withheld
– Prepare and balance 403(b) allocation to employees, health savings, and flex accounts
– Maintain health insurance for employees including yearly renewals
– Supervises the preparation of W-2’s.
Accounts Payable and Receivable
– Supervise the Accounting Assistant with entering invoices and preparing checks for vendors
– Tracks accounts receivable/credit card receivables daily
– Monitors all bank accounts
– Maintains petty cash accounts and accounts for special events
Financial Reporting and Audit Support
– Assists outsourced compiler with preparation of monthly financial statements
– Answer questions and prepare financial reports for other departments
– Assist President/CEO in work with Vesterheim’s Finance Committee
– Prepare 1099’s at year-end
– Assists the outsourced compiler with the annual audit.
Compensation will be based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience, plus the standard Vesterheim benefits package.
Application review begins August 22, 2019 and continues until the position is filled. Vesterheim is an EOE/AA.
To apply, send a letter, resumé, and the names of three references to Chris Johnson, President / CEO, at email@example.com.
Or mail to:
Chris Johnson, President / CEO
Vesterheim Norwegian-American Museum
P.O. Box 379
Decorah, IA 52101
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org