Website Vesterheim Norwegian-American Museum
Vesterheim Norwegian-American Museum seeks an experienced, full-time Gifts Officer to serve on its development team. The Gifts Officer’s is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and stewarding relationships with prospective individual donors, planned giving prospects, corporations, and foundations in support of the mission of Vesterheim. This position will serve as solicitor for up to 150 donors and prospects.
Director of Development
- A Bachelor’s Degree.
- Three to five years of demonstrated fundraising experience.
- Willingness and flexibility to work occasional weekend and evening hours, and some travel.
Five years of development experience with experience in major gifts/ planned giving preferred and/or advanced training in development.
- Work closely with the Director of Development, other Gift Officer(s) and Development Team in setting goals and strategies for cultivation of assigned donors.
- Develop a written work plan for effective cultivation and solicitation strategies, as well as stewarding donors.
- Provide timely written contact reports, including summary of visits and next steps for follow-up.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of the organization’s mission, programs, activities, and fundraising priorities.
- Facilitate and/or participate in Vesterheim gatherings as needed to share Vesterheim’s mission with a wider audience and build new potential donor relationships.
- Complete reports and activities and outcomes.
- Work collaboratively and proactively with museum staff.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies:
In addition to the minimum qualifications, the ideal candidate should also possess the following skills and competencies:
- Understands and supports the mission of Vesterheim, the National Norwegian-American Museum and Folk Art School.
- Thorough background in fundraising best practices and donor databases for managing donor and solicitation records.
- Experience in prospect research and developing effective solicitation and stewardship strategies.
- Ability to build relationships with a variety of people.
- Well organized with ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and appropriate professional boundaries.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills; ability to think and work with little direct supervision.
- Ability to work well with others as a team player.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience using a fundraising database and tracking system (Raiser’s Edge experience preferred).
- Possess excellent writing skills.
To apply email a letter, resume, and the names of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Tammy Carolan, Human Resources Administrator, Vesterheim Norwegian-American Museum, P.O. Box 379, Decorah, IA 52101.
Resumes reviewed on rolling basis. Vesterheim is an EOE/AA.
Find information about Vesterheim benefits here (pdf).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com