The Gift Officer is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and stewarding relationships with prospective individual donors, planned giving prospects, corporations, and foundations in support of the mission of Vesterheim Norwegian-American Museum. This position will serve as solicitor for up to 150 donors and prospects. Must be willing to work flexible hours. Some evening and weekend hours will be required. Travel is also required.
Director of Development.
• Work closely with the Director of Development, other Gift Officer(s), and Development Team in setting goals and strategies for cultivation of assigned donors.
• Develop a written work plan for effective cultivation and solicitation strategies, as well as stewarding donors.
• Provide timely written contact reports, including summaries of visits and next-steps for follow-up.
• Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of the organization’s mission, programs, activities, and fundraising priorities.
• Facilitate and/or participate in Vesterheim gatherings as needed to share the Vesterheim mission with a wider audience and build new potential donor relationships.
• Complete reports and activities and outcomes.
• Work collaboratively and proactively with other museum staff.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Five years of development experience with experience in major gifts/planned giving preferred and/or advanced training in development.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Understands and supports the mission of Vesterheim Norwegian-American Museum.
• Thorough background in fundraising best practices and donor databases for managing donor and solicitation records.
• Experience in prospect research and developing effective solicitation and stewardship strategies.
• Well organized with ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and appropriate professional boundaries.
• Self-starter with excellent time management skills; ability to think and work with little direct supervision.
• Ability to work well with others as a team player.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Experience using a fundraising database and tracking system (Raiser’s Edge experience preferred).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Pay range will be determined based on experience.
Find information about Vesterheim benefits here (pdf).
Review of applications begins January 22, 2019. Vesterheim is an EOE/AA. To apply, email a letter, resume, and the names of three references to Diane Brondyke, Director of Development, at email@example.com.
Or mail to:
Diane Brondyke, Director of Development
Vesterheim Norwegian-American Museum
P.O. Box 379
Decorah, IA 52101
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org