Kick off the holiday season with the annual Norwegian Christmas celebration at Vesterheim! Activities in Heritage Park and Bethania Church are free, and admission to the museum’s Main Building is free for youth under age 18.
Enjoy traditional festive family activities! Past events have included:
• A juletrefest (Norwegian Christmas tree party of singing around a decorated tree)
• Real goats from the Lost Pine Farm in Decorah, Iowa, thanks to Mike and Erin Ryan
• Hot chocolate and Scandinavian s’mores around a fire.
• Julebukker, costumed folk who roam the museum complex scaring away evil spirits.
• Live music by local musicians
• Hands-on crafts
• Holiday decorations
• Folk art demonstrations
• Norwegian treats
• Holiday shopping and more!
Check back for a detailed schedule as the event gets closer.