A Smithsonian Magazine Museum Day ticket provides free admission for two people on Saturday, September 18, 2021, to Vesterheim Museum.
In the spirit of the Smithsonian Museums, which offer free admission every day, Museum Day is an annual event hosted by Smithsonian magazine in which participating museums across the country open their doors to anyone presenting a Museum Day ticket . . . for free.
Visit the Smithsonian Museum Day website here to print your free tickets. You must print tickets from the Smithsonian website and present them at the admission desk to receive free admission to Vesterheim on September 18, 2021.
This day coincides with Luther College Family Weekend.
There will be some activities around the Vesterheim campus to welcome Luther families and all visitors!
Outside in Heritage Park:
• 11 a.m.-1 p.m. – Rebecca Hanna, ale bowl carving at the “green” near Egge-Koren house
• 12-2 p.m. – Historic buildings open for touring with guides to answer questions
• 12-2 p.m. – Kubb (a Scandinavian lawn game) with Luther Nordic Studies students at the amphitheater
• 1-3 p.m. – Mary Klimesh, bandweaving at the “green” near Egge-Koren house
Inside the Main Building:
• 11 a.m.-12 p.m. and 2-3 p.m. – Artist Carl Homstad will be on hand for conversation in the exhibit An Artist’s Journey: Carl Homstad, 50 Years.
• The special exhibit Socially Distanced, Creatively Connected: A special juried folk-art exhibition highlighting pandemic creativity is on view in the first-floor gallery.