Update: As part of its continuing response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), Vesterheim has temporarily closed the onsite campus to the public, including the Museum Store and Main Building.
Check back for opening updates.
Standard Guidelines for Visitors:
• To protect staff and visitors, everyone must wear a face covering to enter any Vesterheim building.
• Always maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet away from people not in your household group.
• Frequent hand washing is encouraged and hand sanitation will be available.
• Stay home if you feel sick.
What to Expect:
• Only the Main Building and Museum Store are open to the public. All other parts of campus are closed.
• You can enter the Museum Store through the West door.
• Hand sanitizer stations are in the museum lobby, elevator, admissions counter, and restroom and in the Museum Store.
• The restroom on the first floor of the Main Building will be open for use. All other restrooms will be closed, including in the Museum Store.
• There will be a capacity limit of 48 visitors in the Main Building and 5 shoppers in the Museum Store.
• Vesterheim is enhancing cleaning of high-touch surfaces throughout the day.
• Reservations for museum admission are not required, but groups of six or more are encouraged to call ahead at 563-382-9681 for best planning.
• Guided tours will not be available.
This strategy is in accordance with the guidance of county, state, and national public health recommendations and guidelines.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. If you have additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 563-382-9681.