We are happy to welcome visitors!
Vesterheim’s Main Building and Museum Store (in the Westby-Torgerson Education Center) are open daily. Heritage Park is open for visitors to enjoy outside throughout the day, and Heritage Park guided tours are offered during the summer months (please call ahead for tour times).
What to Expect (updated March 12, 2022):
• Face coverings and social distancing of six feet are suggested but not required.
• Due to construction, enter the Museum Store through the middle door of the Westby-Torgerson Education Center.
• Maximum occupancy capacity in the buildings are at normal levels.
• Vesterheim is enhancing cleaning of high-touch surfaces throughout the day.
• Reservations for museum admission are not required, but groups of six or more are encouraged to call ahead at 563-382-9681 for best planning.
• Vesterheim Folk Art School offers both online and onsite classes. COVID protocol for onsite class students is different than protocol for general museum visitors. Find detailed information and class registration here.
Vesterheim regularly evaluates the status of COVID-19 cases regionally and makes changes to policies regarding responses.
This strategy is in accordance with the guidance of county, state, and national public health recommendations and guidelines.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. If you have additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 563-382-9681.